Health and Safety
AFSCME Fact Sheets – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19: Best Practices for Courthouses (June 17, 2020)
- Re-Opening Childcare Programs: A Health and Safety Checklist (June 4, 2020)
- COVID-19: Best Practices for Returning to an Office Setting (May 20, 2020)
- Workplace Preparedness and COVID-19 Response: Questions for Your Employer (March 2020)
- Cleaning and Decontamination of SARS-CoV-2 on Surfaces (March 18, 2020)
- COVID-19: Interim Guidance for Police, Sheriffs and Law Enforcement Officers (March 26, 2020)
- COVID-19 & Social Assistance Workers: Preparing for Visits with Your Clients (March 17, 2020)
- COVID-19 Preparedness for Long-Term Care Facilities (March 2020)
- Interim Guidance on SARS-CoV-2 for Correctional Officers and Staff in Secured Facilities (March 19, 2020)
- Personal Protective Equipment for Healthcare Workers in a COVID-19 Environment (March 16, 2020)
- Reapertura de Programas de Cuidado Infantil: Una Lista de Verificación de Salud y Seguridad (8 de junio de 2020)
- COVID-19: Mejores Prácticas para Regresar a un Entorno de Oficina (9 de junio de 2020)
- Limpieza y Descontaminación de SARS-CoV-2 en Superficies Guía para Trabajadores en Entornos fuera de Centros Médicos (18 de marzo de 2020)
- COVID-19: Guía para Policías y Agentes de la Ley (26 de marzo de 2020)
- COVID-19 y Trabajadores de Asistencia Social: Preparación para Visitas con sus Clientes (17 de marzo de 2020)
- COVID-19 Preparación para Centros de Cuidado de Salud a Largo Plazo (17 de marzo de 2020)
- Guía sobre el SARS-CoV-2 para Oficiales Correccionales en Instituciones Seguras (19 de marzo de 2020)
- Equipo de Protección Personal para Trabajadores de Salud en un Ambiente con COVID-19 (16 de marzo de 2020)
Bargaining in Challenging Times
Downloadable resources to help you bargain in challenging times
- Put Down That Ax: Alternatives to Layoffs
(En español: Deje de Lado el Hacha – Alternativas a los Despidos)
- 10 Steps States Should Take to End Corporate Giveaways:
Greg LeRoy of Good Jobs First lists 10 steps states should take now to end corporate giveaways and generate enough tax revenue to cope with the pandemic fallout.
- Digging for Dollars: A Guide to Local Government Revenues
(En español: Rastreando Dólares – Guía sobre Ingresos de los Gobiernos Locales)
AFSCME’s Bargaining Toolkit
TOOLS AND TEMPLATES TO HELP YOU PREPARE: A lot of preparation goes into bargaining before the first session with management. Use these tools and templates to make your bargaining request to management, train your bargaining team, gather information, write language and more.
TOOLS AND SERVICES TO HELP YOU AT THE TABLE: When you’re bargaining at the table, use these tools to determine if the employer can afford the union’s economic proposal and how health and pension benefits proposals will impact members.
MORE TOOLS TO HELP WITH DIFFICULT SITUATIONS: Bargaining can get especially challenging if the employer claims poverty, threatens layoffs or privatization or pushes negotiations to impasse. Use these tools to help you resolve these difficult situations.
Fund the Front lines
Join AFSCME’s #FundtheFrontLines campaign and ask your colleagues and members to tell Congress to do its part to fund the front lines and pass state and local aid for public services.
AFSCME Staff Exchange
The Staff Exchange is an email group where AFSCME affiliate staff from around the country can get answers to questions, share challenges and victories and learn about developing issues that affect the members they represent. Registration and verification are required to join the group. Please submit this form to sign up.
AFSCME FYI Daily News Clips
Subscribe to the AFSCME FYI: The AFSCME FYI is a newsletter curated for AFSCME IU and affiliate staff that is sent out every weekday. The newsletter covers AFSCME developments and major labor issues at the national, state, and local levels.
Pandemic and infectious diseases updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Worker Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Corporate Culprits Receiving Covid Aid
- Mortality Rates From COVID-19 Are Lower In Unionized Nursing Homes
- Government Financial Management and the Coronavirus Pandemic: A Comparative Look at South Korea and the United States
- A Failure of Political Communication Not a Failure of Bureaucracy: The Danger of Presidential Misinformation During the COVID-19 Pandemic