- Privatizing Transportation Networks: Bad Deals, Higher Costs and Failed Accountability
Public-private partnerships privatize valuable public assets such as roads and bridges to guarantee long-term returns to financiers at the expense of taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Transportation Caucus is a forum to share and discuss the issues that impact our work. Caucus members should work or have an interest in transit, road design and maintenance, or transportation services as a public good. We discuss funding and financing questions for transportation infrastructure, as well as emerging technologies and practices that will change our industry in the future.
sector news and updates
Transportation updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- Pensions and retiree healthcare challenge some of the largest mass transit enterprises
- How electric cars could make America’s crumbling roads even worse
- In an Unequal America, Getting to Work Can Be Hell
- U.S. Transportation Infrastructure 2019 Sector Outlook: Mostly Stable, Despite Expected Slower Growth And Unlikely Investment Package
- Sickouts and Strike Threats Stopped the Government Shutdown
Transportation coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update
- After High-Profile A Line Troubles, RTD Plans To Operate N Line Itself
- Messenger: Cost to start down runway of airport privatization in St. Louis? More than $800,000 per month.
- State launches investigation, assesses $800,000 in damages against SunPass contractor
- The $1.4 Billion Transit Fund the U.S. Government Won’t Release
- Metro shuttle bus operator in trouble for distracted driving