- Privatizing Transportation Networks: Bad Deals, Higher Costs and Failed Accountability
Public-private partnerships privatize valuable public assets such as roads and bridges to guarantee long-term returns to financiers at the expense of taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Transportation Caucus is a forum to share and discuss the issues that impact our work. Caucus members should work or have an interest in transit, road design and maintenance, or transportation services as a public good. We discuss funding and financing questions for transportation infrastructure, as well as emerging technologies and practices that will change our industry in the future.
sector news and updates
Transportation updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- Georgia Bus Drivers Joined the School Uprising and Paid a Price
- Connecting Public Transit to Great Manufacturing Jobs
- Trends in Public Transportation Ridership: Implications for Federal Policy
- U.S. And Canadian Not-For-Profit Transportation Infrastructure Enterprises: Methodologies And Assumptions
- How Does Chicago Make $200 Million A Year On Parking Tickets? By Bankrupting Thousands of Drivers.
Transportation coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update
- Puerto Rico Bondholders Win Ruling Against U.S.
- State, federal lawsuits pin defective DC Metro concrete on contractor
- City of Fort Wayne takes fleet maintenance in house; savings expected
- SunPass Problems: State awarded contractor millions more while unprocessed tolls mounted
- D.C. Circulator operations contract going to a new provider