- Privatizing Transportation Networks: Bad Deals, Higher Costs and Failed Accountability
Public-private partnerships privatize valuable public assets such as roads and bridges to guarantee long-term returns to financiers at the expense of taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Transportation Caucus is a forum to share and discuss the issues that impact our work. Caucus members should work or have an interest in transit, road design and maintenance, or transportation services as a public good. We discuss funding and financing questions for transportation infrastructure, as well as emerging technologies and practices that will change our industry in the future.
sector news and updates
Transportation updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- Associations between daily‐on‐the job hassles with perceived mental exertion and depression symptoms in taxi drivers
- Express busways and economic development: Case study of the Miami-Dade South Express Busway
- Flat debt total signals cautious borrowing, despite infrastructure needs
- Safety climate, hearing climate and hearing protection device use among transportation road maintainers
- Pensions and retiree healthcare challenge some of the largest mass transit enterprises
Transportation coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update
- After High-Profile A Line Troubles, RTD Plans To Operate N Line Itself
- Messenger: Cost to start down runway of airport privatization in St. Louis? More than $800,000 per month.
- State launches investigation, assesses $800,000 in damages against SunPass contractor
- The $1.4 Billion Transit Fund the U.S. Government Won’t Release
- Metro shuttle bus operator in trouble for distracted driving