- Privatization of Public Services and Assets: Taxpayers Beware!
Proponents of privatization claim that the private sector can do a better job at a cheaper price. But experience shows that privatization often leads to increased costs for the public and reduced accountability to taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
For AFSCME members who make our local, state and federal government run smoothly in key administrative and support offices including budget and finance, information technology, courts, regulation and enforcement. Members can learn about what’s happening in other cities and states. Join our group to share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Public administration updates from AFSCME Information Highway
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Iowa’s Medicaid privatization: Kim Reynolds says right track; Fred Hubbell says ‘disaster’
- Pittsburgh mayor Bill Peduto says PWSA at financial crossroads
- The case against Chartwells
- Review recommended of Kansas privatized child welfare model
- Columbia Public Schools bus driver removed from route after kindergartner got off on wrong stop