- Privatization of Public Services and Assets: Taxpayers Beware!
Proponents of privatization claim that the private sector can do a better job at a cheaper price. But experience shows that privatization often leads to increased costs for the public and reduced accountability to taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
For AFSCME members who make our local, state and federal government run smoothly in key administrative and support offices including budget and finance, information technology, courts, regulation and enforcement. Members can learn about what’s happening in other cities and states. Join our group to share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Public administration updates from AFSCME Information Highway
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- How One Company Is Making Millions Off Trump’s War on the Poor
- Civilians Are Cheaper Than Contractors for Most Defense Jobs, Internal Report Finds
- Opinion: The cold hard facts about America’s private prison system
- The VA’s Private Care Program Gave Companies Billions and Vets Longer Waits
- Trump NLRB May Strip Disabled Workers of Union Rights