- Privatization of Public Services and Assets: Taxpayers Beware!
Proponents of privatization claim that the private sector can do a better job at a cheaper price. But experience shows that privatization often leads to increased costs for the public and reduced accountability to taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
For AFSCME members who make our local, state and federal government run smoothly in key administrative and support offices including budget and finance, information technology, courts, regulation and enforcement. Members can learn about what’s happening in other cities and states. Join our group to share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Public administration updates from AFSCME Information Highway
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Manlius nursing home residents go without food, medicine; NYC owner fined
- Salary controversies, resignations churn turmoil at Puerto Rico power company
- Ledyard Finance Committee explores repair needs, library options
- Stanley County won’t outsource school food service
- Major state contractor fined $500K for violating SEC rules