- Outsourcing Social Services: Eliminating Public Watchdogs
Outsourcing is promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up so-called “unaccountable bureaucracies.” But in reality, it often fails on all counts, especially in attempts to outsource human and social services.
Contact a sector specialist
sector news and updates
Human services updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- New Study Confirms That American Workers Are Getting Ripped Off
- New reports highlight different approaches to child welfare financing
- Donald Trump Asked, “What Do You Have to Lose?” This Illinois Town Found Out.
- Less Bang for Your Buck? How Social Capital Constrains the Effectiveness of Social Welfare Spending
- Are Reemployment Services Effective? Experimental Evidence from the Great Recession