- Outsourcing Social Services: Eliminating Public Watchdogs
Outsourcing is promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up so-called “unaccountable bureaucracies.” But in reality, it often fails on all counts, especially in attempts to outsource human and social services.
Contact a sector specialist
sector news and updates
Human services updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- The Decline of Cash Assistance and the Well-Being of Poor Households with Children
- Pervasive Penality: How the Criminalization of Poverty Perpetuates Homelessness
- Public Housing Work Requirements: Case Study on the Chicago Housing Authority
- Tracking Federal Funding to Combat the Opioid Crisis
- Corporations and the American Welfare State: Adversaries or Allies?