- Outsourcing Social Services: Eliminating Public Watchdogs
Outsourcing is promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up so-called “unaccountable bureaucracies.” But in reality, it often fails on all counts, especially in attempts to outsource human and social services.
Contact a sector specialist
sector news and updates
Human services updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- New Study Confirms That American Workers Are Getting Ripped Off
- New reports highlight different approaches to child welfare financing
- Donald Trump Asked, “What Do You Have to Lose?” This Illinois Town Found Out.
- Less Bang for Your Buck? How Social Capital Constrains the Effectiveness of Social Welfare Spending
- Are Reemployment Services Effective? Experimental Evidence from the Great Recession
Human services coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update
- Health provider in scandals loses first 3 state contracts
- Colyer: Kansas Will Pursue Medicaid Work Rules Despite Court Ruling
- Bill passes in Senate that avoids strike of group home workers
- Florida Moves to Shut Down For-Profit Residence After Finding Horrific Abuse and Neglect
- Audit finds state lacks documented oversight of new foster care model