- Outsourcing Social Services: Eliminating Public Watchdogs
Outsourcing is promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up so-called “unaccountable bureaucracies.” But in reality, it often fails on all counts, especially in attempts to outsource human and social services.
Contact a sector specialist
sector news and updates
Human services updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- “Mom, When They Look at Me, They See Dollar Signs” How rehab recruiters are luring recovering opioid addicts into a deadly cycle.
- Library Systems Embracing Their New Roles As Social Service Hubs
- State-level data for understanding child welfare in the United States
- Shrinking local autonomy: corporate coalitions and the subnational state
- How Government and Community Nonprofit Collaboration and Non-Collaboration Affects Public Sector Outcomes