Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME housing group is a network of AFSCME public housing workers, and union staff who support them. Group members can stay updated on changes to federal budget and regulations. They can post technical questions on privatization, collective bargaining, health and safety and other issues. Share resources, best practices, ideas photos and support!
sector news and updates
Housing updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Public housing authorities – US: Increased federal funding to bolster capital fund bond programs
- Taxing empty apartments could ease the housing crisis
- U.S. Municipal Housing 2019 Sector Outlook: Stable For Now
- HUD Took Over a Town’s Housing Authority 22 Years Ago. Now the Authority’s Broke and Residents Are Being Pushed Out.
- Prosperity Now Scorecard
Housing coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Children poisoned by lead on U.S. Army bases as hazards go ignored
- Latimer: Airport privatization in the legislature’s hands
- US government failing millions by paying below $15 an hour, study finds
- Largest Public-Housing System in the U.S. Is Crumbling
- Cities experiment to reduce homelessness with “pay for success” finance