TOOLS AND TEMPLATES TO HELP YOU PREPARE
Engage with management
Survey the membership
Train your bargaining team
Training Your Bargaining Team Toolkit (downloads the full toolkit as a single .zip file with all of the documents below)
- Agenda for Facilitators
- Participant Agenda
- Simulation Roles
- Collective Bargaining Simulation Long
- “We Agree To/We Agree Not To”
Contract Campaign Training provides staff representatives with techniques and tools including managing your bargaining team, justifying wage and benefit demands, bargaining table tactics, mobilizing members and more.
Request information from the employer
Write contract language
- AFSCME Contracts Database (Register or log in for access)
Contains more than 10,000 full-text searchable collective bargaining agreements
- Union Building Bargaining Language (Register or log in for access)
Model and sample contract language on 10 issues that will help the union maintain membership and power, including new employee orientation, procedures after the loss of dues checkoff, union leave and more.
- Developing and Justifying Contract Proposals: A Guide for AFSCME Negotiations
- Checklist of Contract Clauses
- Sample language on select topics
- More contract language resources
Need more help? Ask a researcher!
Need more help?