Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Corrections, Probation and Parole Group is a place where AFSCME members can share experiences, find resources and connect! Members can learn about what’s happening in other facilities and locations, share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Corrections, probation & parole updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- With the majority of corrections officers declining the COVID-19 vaccine, incarcerated people are still at serious risk
- Participatory survey design of a workforce health needs assessment for correctional supervisors
- The Role of Fines and Fees on Probation Outcomes
- A State-by-State Look at Coronavirus in Prisons
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Resources and Information – American Correctional Association
Corrections, probation & parole coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Private Prisons and Investment Risks, Part Two: How Private Prison Companies Fuel Mass Incarceration—and How Public Pension Funds Are at Risk
- Opinion: The cold hard facts about America’s private prison system
- For-profit prison companies back criminal justice reform. It could be good for business.
- Private Probation Services Council – Performance Audit
- He’s Built an Empire, With Detained Migrant Children as the Bricks