Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Corrections, Probation and Parole Group is a place where AFSCME members can share experiences, find resources and connect! Members can learn about what’s happening in other facilities and locations, share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Corrections, probation & parole updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- The Minimum Wage, EITC, and Criminal Recidivism
- Chronic Medical Conditions in Criminal Justice Involved Populations
- Correctional Control 2018: Incarceration and supervision by state
- Tender Justice
- The Impact of Job Expectations, Workload, and Autonomy on Work-Related Stress Among Prison Wardens in the United States
Corrections, probation & parole coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Opinion: The cold hard facts about America’s private prison system
- For-profit prison companies back criminal justice reform. It could be good for business.
- Private Probation Services Council – Performance Audit
- He’s Built an Empire, With Detained Migrant Children as the Bricks
- Trans woman who died in ICE detention was housed at facility with history of abuse allegations