- Privatizing School Support Services: The Wrong Choice
Outsourcing school support services generally leads to a loss of accountability, fails to save money and lowers the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME K-12 group is a place where AFSCME members and staff can share experiences, find resources and connect! Group members can see what’s happening in school districts across the country and share best practices on confronting issues like privatization. Members can post technical questions to fellow AFSCME K-12 members, staff from other affiliates, and staff from the national union. Group members can also share ideas, photos videos and support.
sector news and updates
K-12 schools updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Antipolitics and the Hindrance of Performance Management in Education
- Thriving cities, challenged schools: teacher strikes highlight districts’ credit issues
- The Effects of Performance Audits on School District Financial Behavior
- How Local Economic Conditions Affect School Finances, Teacher Quality, and Student Achievement: Evidence from the Texas Shale Boom
- For Teachers, the Money Keeps Getting Worse
K-12 schools coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Are charter school building leases fleecing Ohio taxpayers?
- The case against Chartwells
- Columbia Public Schools bus driver removed from route after kindergartner got off on wrong stop
- 40 cities in 10 years: Leaked presentation offers more details on new group’s goals to spread charter (and charter-like) schools
- Calif. Legislature Approves McCarty Measure to Ban For-Profit Charter Schools – AB 406