- Privatizing School Support Services: The Wrong Choice
Outsourcing school support services generally leads to a loss of accountability, fails to save money and lowers the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME K-12 group is a place where AFSCME members and staff can share experiences, find resources and connect! Group members can see what’s happening in school districts across the country and share best practices on confronting issues like privatization. Members can post technical questions to fellow AFSCME K-12 members, staff from other affiliates, and staff from the national union. Group members can also share ideas, photos videos and support.
sector news and updates
K-12 schools updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Inside a Long, Messy Year of Reopening Schools
- Job Stress and Health of Elementary and Secondary School Educators in the United States
- The Risk Of Severe COVID-19 Within Households Of School Employees And School-Age Children
- “Defund the (School) Police”?: Bringing Data to Key School-to-Prison Pipeline Claims
- Gem State Inequalities: Examining the Recent History of Idaho Public School Funding
K-12 schools coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Are charter school building leases fleecing Ohio taxpayers?
- The case against Chartwells
- Columbia Public Schools bus driver removed from route after kindergartner got off on wrong stop
- 40 cities in 10 years: Leaked presentation offers more details on new group’s goals to spread charter (and charter-like) schools
- Calif. Legislature Approves McCarty Measure to Ban For-Profit Charter Schools – AB 406