Health & Safety Resources
- State Occupational Safety and Health Standards
This resource from the LawAtlas Policy Surveillance Program includes all state safety and health standards that have not been adopted identically from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and that are meant to protect workers from specific workplace hazard. See all of the state laws with particular characteristics, or see laws by state about specific issues.
- Do you have safety protections?
OSHA Office of State Programs: State Plans
- Death on the Job: The Toll of Neglect, 2017
A National and State-by-State Profile of Worker Safety and Health In the United States: Report from the AFL-CIO
- Workers’ Memorial Day
Events and materials from the AFL-CIO
In the News
Health and safety updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Collective Bargaining in the Aftermath of COVID-19
- New Employer Obligations in the Age of COVID-19: Safety Policies, PPE, and Deep Cleaning
- Pandemic Pandemonium: Navigating Employment Considerations in the Face of COVID-19
- Center for Progressive Reform Report: Protecting Workers In A Pandemic–What The Federal Government Should Be Doing
- Ergonomics Tips for Working at Home