Health & Safety Resources
- State Occupational Safety and Health Standards
This resource from the LawAtlas Policy Surveillance Program includes all state safety and health standards that have not been adopted identically from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and that are meant to protect workers from specific workplace hazard. See all of the state laws with particular characteristics, or see laws by state about specific issues.
- Do you have safety protections?
OSHA Office of State Programs: State Plans
- Death on the Job: The Toll of Neglect, 2021
A National and State-by-State Profile of Worker Safety and Health In the United States: Report from the AFL-CIO
- Workers’ Memorial Day
Events and materials from the AFL-CIO
In the News
Health and safety updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Free agents or cogs in the machine? Classed, gendered, and racialized inequities in hazardous working conditions
- COVID-Related Labor Arbitration Awards in the United States and Canada: A Survey and Comparative Analysis
- Standards for Surgical Respirators and Masks: Relevance for Protecting Healthcare Workers and the Public During Pandemics
- A rapid scoping review of COVID-19 and vulnerable workers: Intersecting occupational and public health issues
- The EEOC Confirms Employers Can Mandate a Vaccine, But Should They?
Pathetic that no lawmakers can move this forward. Not even @OSHA_DOL who has had the regs under development for years. Workplace Violence Prevention for Health Care and Social Services Act introduced in the SenateRead More