In the News
Health and safety updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- The Role of Training and Work-Related Injury on Home Health Workers’ Job Satisfaction: Analysis of the National Home and Hospice Care Survey
- Work-related musculoskeletal symptoms among Traffic police: A Review
- Sex and Gender Role Differences in Occupational Exposures and Work Outcomes Among Registered Nurses in Correctional Settings
- Sun Protection Behaviors of State Park Workers in the Southeastern USA
- Endotoxin and Hydrogen Sulphide Exposure and Effects on the Airways Among Waste Water Workers in Sewage Treatment Plants and Sewer Net System
- State Occupational Safety and Health Standards
This resource from the LawAtlas Policy Surveillance Program includes all state safety and health standards that have not been adopted identically from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and that are meant to protect workers from specific workplace hazard. See all of the state laws with particular characteristics, or see laws by state about specific issues.
- Do you have safety protections?
OSHA Office of State Programs: State Plans
- Death on the Job: The Toll of Neglect, 2017
A National and State-by-State Profile of Worker Safety and Health In the United States: Report from the AFL-CIO
- Workers’ Memorial Day
Events and materials from the AFL-CIO