In the News
Health and safety updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Highlights from occupational safety and health continuing education needs assessment
- After The Fall: Safeguarding Employees’ Mental Health After Workplace Injuries
- Artificial intelligence: Implications for the future of work
- Survey: What Employees Want Most from Their Workspaces
- “Felony assault should stick:” Assaulted EMS responders’ frustration and dissatisfaction with the legal system
- State Occupational Safety and Health Standards
This resource from the LawAtlas Policy Surveillance Program includes all state safety and health standards that have not been adopted identically from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and that are meant to protect workers from specific workplace hazard. See all of the state laws with particular characteristics, or see laws by state about specific issues.
- Do you have safety protections?
OSHA Office of State Programs: State Plans
- Death on the Job: The Toll of Neglect, 2017
A National and State-by-State Profile of Worker Safety and Health In the United States: Report from the AFL-CIO
- Workers’ Memorial Day
Events and materials from the AFL-CIO