In the News
Health and safety updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Knee pain in nursing home workers after implementation of a safe resident handling program
- Schools in Florida are spending thousands on active shooter insurance
- They Say Their Buildings Are Making Them Sick. Administrators Say They’ve Done All They Can.
- Protecting workers in the home care industry: workers’ experienced job demands, resource gaps, and benefits following a socially supportive intervention
- Effects of environmental stressors on daily governance
- State Occupational Safety and Health Standards
This resource from the LawAtlas Policy Surveillance Program includes all state safety and health standards that have not been adopted identically from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and that are meant to protect workers from specific workplace hazard. See all of the state laws with particular characteristics, or see laws by state about specific issues.
- Do you have safety protections?
OSHA Office of State Programs: State Plans
- Death on the Job: The Toll of Neglect, 2017
A National and State-by-State Profile of Worker Safety and Health In the United States: Report from the AFL-CIO
- Workers’ Memorial Day
Events and materials from the AFL-CIO