Health & Safety Resources
- State Occupational Safety and Health Standards
This resource from the LawAtlas Policy Surveillance Program includes all state safety and health standards that have not been adopted identically from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and that are meant to protect workers from specific workplace hazard. See all of the state laws with particular characteristics, or see laws by state about specific issues.
- Do you have safety protections?
OSHA Office of State Programs: State Plans
- Death on the Job: The Toll of Neglect, 2017
A National and State-by-State Profile of Worker Safety and Health In the United States: Report from the AFL-CIO
- Workers’ Memorial Day
Events and materials from the AFL-CIO
In the News
Health and safety updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Safer Schools and Campuses Best Practices Clearinghouse
- With the majority of corrections officers declining the COVID-19 vaccine, incarcerated people are still at serious risk
- Workers’ compensation costs for healthcare caregivers: Home healthcare, long‐term care, and hospital nurses and nursing aides
- Participatory survey design of a workforce health needs assessment for correctional supervisors
- New York’s Nursing Homes Were on the Brink. Then Covid Hit. Covid was a nightmare — but it was a nightmare years in the making, workers say.