- Privatizing Transportation Networks: Bad Deals, Higher Costs and Failed Accountability
Public-private partnerships privatize valuable public assets such as roads and bridges to guarantee long-term returns to financiers at the expense of taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Transportation Caucus is a forum to share and discuss the issues that impact our work. Caucus members should work or have an interest in transit, road design and maintenance, or transportation services as a public good. We discuss funding and financing questions for transportation infrastructure, as well as emerging technologies and practices that will change our industry in the future.
sector news and updates
Transportation updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- How Does Chicago Make $200 Million A Year On Parking Tickets? By Bankrupting Thousands of Drivers.
- Funding and Financing Highways and Public Transportation
- What Does Telecommuting’s Rise Mean for Traffic and Transit?
- The Direct and Indirect (Spillover) Effects of Productive Government Spending on State Economic Growth
- Work organization, health, and obesity in urban transit operators: A qualitative study
Transportation coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update
- Texas city drops its bus service in favor of ridesharing vans
- Trump Infrastructure Plan Likely Will Keep Wage Protections
- Puerto Rico’s governor presses power utility privatization
- Cracks in Sidewalk Labs’ Toronto waterfront plan after fanfare
- How Boston’s Airport Bounced Back From the Storm That Crippled J.F.K.