- Privatization of Public Services and Assets: Taxpayers Beware!
Proponents of privatization claim that the private sector can do a better job at a cheaper price. But experience shows that privatization often leads to increased costs for the public and reduced accountability to taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
For AFSCME members who make our local, state and federal government run smoothly in key administrative and support offices including budget and finance, information technology, courts, regulation and enforcement. Members can learn about what’s happening in other cities and states. Join our group to share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Public administration updates from AFSCME Information Highway
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Prison guards: Michigan is deliberately hiding extent of prison kitchen horror show
- Congress OKs Trump bid to widen private care at besieged VA
- From Pittsburgh to Flint, the Dire Consequences of Giving Private Companies Responsibility for Ailing Public Water Systems
- Iowa’s estimated savings from Medicaid privatization triples to $141 million, after plummeting 80 percent
- Puerto Rico governor presents zero debt payment budget under cloud of uncertainty