- Privatization of Public Services and Assets: Taxpayers Beware!
Proponents of privatization claim that the private sector can do a better job at a cheaper price. But experience shows that privatization often leads to increased costs for the public and reduced accountability to taxpayers.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
For AFSCME members who make our local, state and federal government run smoothly in key administrative and support offices including budget and finance, information technology, courts, regulation and enforcement. Members can learn about what’s happening in other cities and states. Join our group to share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Public administration updates from AFSCME Information Highway
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- City-owned Internet services offer cheaper and more transparent pricing
- Editorial: Self-dealing by nursing home owners threatens patient care
- Council unanimously votes to take back library operations
- Education Department chooses firm with ties to Betsy DeVos for debt-collection contract
- Central chooses contractor to run next five years of privatized government