Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME nurses group connects member nurses and union staff. Members receive nursing policy and healthcare legislation updates and have a forum to discuss various health and safety issues including: workplace violence, bullying, the opioid epidemic and more. Members are encouraged to use this page to post questions, share resources, best practices, ideas and photos.
sector news and updates
Updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- The Health Care Job Engine: Where Do They Come From and What Do They Say About Our Future?
- ‘Giving Help and Not Asking for It’: Inside the Mental Health of First Responders
- Physician Workforce: Locations and Types of Graduate Training Were Largely Unchanged, and Federal Efforts May Not Be Sufficient to Meet Needs
- Implementation of a resident handling programme and low back pain in elder care workers
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of a Support Program for Nursing Staff
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Privatization Is Changing America’s Relationship With Its Physical Stuff
- Feds stop requiring bi-weekly Kansas reports on Medicaid
- Hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on the table in closed-door Medicaid haggling
- Judge rules Tennessee must release outsourcing records about Fall Creek Falls purchase
- Pottstown, Phoenixville schools eye tax cost of hospital sale