Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME nurses group connects member nurses and union staff. Members receive nursing policy and healthcare legislation updates and have a forum to discuss various health and safety issues including: workplace violence, bullying, the opioid epidemic and more. Members are encouraged to use this page to post questions, share resources, best practices, ideas and photos.
sector news and updates
Updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Organizational Restructuring in US Healthcare Systems: Implications for Jobs, Wages, and Inequality
- Growth in Health Hiring and Hospital Spending Decline
- A Prescription For Good Jobs In The Industrial Midwest: Labor Standards And Unions In The Booming Hospital Industry
- Dirty Laundry: An Investigation
- Prevention Is Key (Er…Required): Will Your State Soon Mandate Workplace Violence Prevention Programs?
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Disabled Iowans could be exempted from private Medicaid management
- Does Outsourcing Some State Jobs Save TN Taxpayers Money?
- KDADS Secretary makes pitch to privatize Osawatomie
- Massena town, hospital make non-disclosure deal, supervisor says brings asset transfer a step closer
- Fact Meter: Kansas budget director’s chart offers misleading view of KanCare waiting list