Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME nurses group connects member nurses and union staff. Members receive nursing policy and healthcare legislation updates and have a forum to discuss various health and safety issues including: workplace violence, bullying, the opioid epidemic and more. Members are encouraged to use this page to post questions, share resources, best practices, ideas and photos.
sector news and updates
Updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Changing schedules take a toll on medical interns
- For better patient care, prevent nurse burnout
- Examining Exposure Assessment in Shift Work Research: A Study on Depression Among Nurses
- Health Care Just Became the U.S.’s Largest Employer
- Violence against emergency medical services personnel: A systematic review of the literature
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Napolitano addresses higher education access, student support at LA event
- The VA Is the Closest Thing We Have to Single Payer. Now Trump Wants to Privatize It.
- Privatization talks continue for Osawatomie State Hospital
- LePage Administration Outsources Part of Medicaid Program
- Even discussing selling a nursing home leads to staff turnover, lower quality of care