- Privatizing School Support Services: The Wrong Choice
Outsourcing school support services generally leads to a loss of accountability, fails to save money and lowers the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME K-12 group is a place where AFSCME members and staff can share experiences, find resources and connect! Group members can see what’s happening in school districts across the country and share best practices on confronting issues like privatization. Members can post technical questions to fellow AFSCME K-12 members, staff from other affiliates, and staff from the national union. Group members can also share ideas, photos videos and support.
sector news and updates
K-12 schools updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
K-12 schools coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Editorial: Another round in the Hogan-teachers union feud
- Pro-charter school group pays $425,000 for failing to disclose donors in Massachusetts ballot fight
- Michigan Gambled on Charter Schools. Its Children Lost.
- Niles Township High School Union Contract Ushers In New Era
- Charter Schools Insist: Our Teachers Are Public Employees! Or Private Employees! Whichever Means They Can’t Unionize!