- Privatizing School Support Services: The Wrong Choice
Outsourcing school support services generally leads to a loss of accountability, fails to save money and lowers the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME K-12 group is a place where AFSCME members and staff can share experiences, find resources and connect! Group members can see what’s happening in school districts across the country and share best practices on confronting issues like privatization. Members can post technical questions to fellow AFSCME K-12 members, staff from other affiliates, and staff from the national union. Group members can also share ideas, photos videos and support.
sector news and updates
K-12 schools updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
K-12 schools coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- School board rejects plan to privatize food services
- Teachers union leader: We won’t work with Trump and DeVos because ‘I do not trust their motives’
- In Georgia, Citizens Can Redirect Their Taxes to Private Schools
- Amherst TM takes action on elementary schools
- Is charter school fraud the next Enron?