- Privatizing School Support Services: The Wrong Choice
Outsourcing school support services generally leads to a loss of accountability, fails to save money and lowers the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME K-12 group is a place where AFSCME members and staff can share experiences, find resources and connect! Group members can see what’s happening in school districts across the country and share best practices on confronting issues like privatization. Members can post technical questions to fellow AFSCME K-12 members, staff from other affiliates, and staff from the national union. Group members can also share ideas, photos videos and support.
sector news and updates
K-12 schools updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
K-12 schools coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Pay for Success Feasibility Tool Kit
- How the Kochs are trying to shake up public schools, one state at a time
- Florida proposal seeks to clear the way for public funding of private schools
- Florida lawmakers, officials call for reform of private schools that get state scholarships
- Betsy DeVos’s Schedule Shows Focus on Religious and Nontraditional Schools