- State-by-State Fact Sheets: Higher Education Cuts Jeopardize Students’ and States’ Economic Future
These fact sheets from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities show that funding cuts have often been accompanied by tuition hikes and cuts in campus staff and programs that may reduce the quality of education for students.
- Outsourcing Higher Education Support Services: The Wrong Choice
State funding for higher education has been on the decline for decades. But privatization-based cost saving measures lead to a loss of accountability, fail to save money and lower the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
Whether it be keeping campus grounds safe and clean, or providing dining, financial, technical or administrative services, AFSCME members make colleges and universities great places to live and learn. Join a national conversation on higher education workplace issues. Share your challenges, your victories and your lessons learned. Get to know your sisters and brothers at colleges and universities across the country!
sector news and updates
Higher education updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
Higher education coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update
- Napolitano addresses higher education access, student support at LA event
- Editorial: The Student Loan Industry Finds Friends in Washington
- Workers’ unlikely victory over outsourcing in Tennessee
- Education Department chooses firm with ties to Betsy DeVos for debt-collection contract
- A New Betsy DeVos Proposal Would Make It Much Tougher For Students To Get Loan Forgiveness