- State-by-State Fact Sheets: Higher Education Cuts Jeopardize Students’ and States’ Economic Future
These fact sheets from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities show that funding cuts have often been accompanied by tuition hikes and cuts in campus staff and programs that may reduce the quality of education for students.
- Outsourcing Higher Education Support Services: The Wrong Choice
State funding for higher education has been on the decline for decades. But privatization-based cost saving measures lead to a loss of accountability, fail to save money and lower the quality of services, while harming workers and the local economy.
Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
Whether it be keeping campus grounds safe and clean, or providing dining, financial, technical or administrative services, AFSCME members make colleges and universities great places to live and learn. Join a national conversation on higher education workplace issues. Share your challenges, your victories and your lessons learned. Get to know your sisters and brothers at colleges and universities across the country!
sector news and updates
Higher education updates from the AFSCME Information Highway
- The Direct and Indirect (Spillover) Effects of Productive Government Spending on State Economic Growth
- Employment trends by typical entry-level education requirement
- The President’s House Is Empty: Losing and Gaining Public Goods
- Harvard Hopes Trump Will Help It Undermine Unions
- A New Way to Learn Economics