Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Health Care Employees Facebook Group is a site dedicated to communications between AFSCME members who provide patient care and related services. All AFSCME members in the health care sector are welcome, as are union representatives who deal with health care bargaining units. We want you to join and help this group become a timely and lively source of information about how fellow union members handle workplace problems.
sector news and updates
Updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Changing schedules take a toll on medical interns
- For better patient care, prevent nurse burnout
- Examining Exposure Assessment in Shift Work Research: A Study on Depression Among Nurses
- Health Care Just Became the U.S.’s Largest Employer
- Violence against emergency medical services personnel: A systematic review of the literature
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Napolitano addresses higher education access, student support at LA event
- The VA Is the Closest Thing We Have to Single Payer. Now Trump Wants to Privatize It.
- Privatization talks continue for Osawatomie State Hospital
- LePage Administration Outsources Part of Medicaid Program
- Even discussing selling a nursing home leads to staff turnover, lower quality of care