Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Health Care Employees Facebook Group is a site dedicated to communications between AFSCME members who provide patient care and related services. All AFSCME members in the health care sector are welcome, as are union representatives who deal with health care bargaining units. We want you to join and help this group become a timely and lively source of information about how fellow union members handle workplace problems.
sector news and updates
Updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Organizational Restructuring in US Healthcare Systems: Implications for Jobs, Wages, and Inequality
- Growth in Health Hiring and Hospital Spending Decline
- A Prescription For Good Jobs In The Industrial Midwest: Labor Standards And Unions In The Booming Hospital Industry
- Dirty Laundry: An Investigation
- Prevention Is Key (Er…Required): Will Your State Soon Mandate Workplace Violence Prevention Programs?
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Disabled Iowans could be exempted from private Medicaid management
- Does Outsourcing Some State Jobs Save TN Taxpayers Money?
- KDADS Secretary makes pitch to privatize Osawatomie
- Massena town, hospital make non-disclosure deal, supervisor says brings asset transfer a step closer
- Fact Meter: Kansas budget director’s chart offers misleading view of KanCare waiting list