Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Health Care Employees Facebook Group is a site dedicated to communications between AFSCME members who provide patient care and related services. All AFSCME members in the health care sector are welcome, as are union representatives who deal with health care bargaining units. We want you to join and help this group become a timely and lively source of information about how fellow union members handle workplace problems.
sector news and updates
Updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- The Health Care Job Engine: Where Do They Come From and What Do They Say About Our Future?
- ‘Giving Help and Not Asking for It’: Inside the Mental Health of First Responders
- Physician Workforce: Locations and Types of Graduate Training Were Largely Unchanged, and Federal Efforts May Not Be Sufficient to Meet Needs
- Implementation of a resident handling programme and low back pain in elder care workers
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of a Support Program for Nursing Staff
News from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Privatization Is Changing America’s Relationship With Its Physical Stuff
- Feds stop requiring bi-weekly Kansas reports on Medicaid
- Hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on the table in closed-door Medicaid haggling
- Judge rules Tennessee must release outsourcing records about Fall Creek Falls purchase
- Pottstown, Phoenixville schools eye tax cost of hospital sale