Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
With more than 24,000 EMS workers in both the private and public sectors, EMS Workers United is the fastest growing EMS union. With the strength and resources of AFSCME, EMS Workers United advocates to improve EMS standards to better serve the public and make EMS work a viable and respected career path. Across the country, EMS Workers United are improving EMS through collective bargaining and political action while pushing back against cuts and declining standards. The EMS Workers United Facebook page allows members to exchange ideas, share opinions and stay informed on the latest issues and trends in EMS.
EMS updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Congressional Primer on Responding to Major Disasters and Emergencies
- ‘Giving Help and Not Asking for It’: Inside the Mental Health of First Responders
- Emergency Medical Services in California: Wages, Working Conditions, and Industry Profile
- Firefighters protect us. Who protects them?
- Fifteen years after 9/11, illnesses compound for first responders
EMS coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- NIFA report suggests eliminating crossing guards, closing Marine Bureau
- Update public on airport security
- Justice Department moves forward in its case against ETMC, Paramedics Plus
- JSU Police canceling Calhoun County 911 dispatch service management
- 3-year, no-bid extension for Alameda County’s ambulance contract, despite firefighter criticism