Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Corrections, Probation and Parole Group is a place where AFSCME members can share experiences, find resources and connect! Members can learn about what’s happening in other facilities and locations, share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Corrections, probation & parole updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Mental Disorders Among Criminal Offenders: A Review of the Literature
- ‘Giving Help and Not Asking for It’: Inside the Mental Health of First Responders
- Indicators of Mental Health Problems Reported by Prisoners and Jail Inmates, 2011-12
- America’s mass incarceration problem in 5 charts – or, why Sessions shouldn’t bring back mandatory minimums
- Measures for Justice
Corrections, probation & parole coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- Immigrants Are Dying in U.S. Detention Centers. And It Could Get Worse.
- Berks County considering privatizing its prison
- Judge rules Tennessee must release outsourcing records about Fall Creek Falls purchase
- Sandoval vetoes proposed ban on private prisons
- ICE’s Private Detention Centers Keep Data Under Lock and Key