Contact a sector specialist
CONNECT WITH MEMBERS
The AFSCME Corrections, Probation and Parole Group is a place where AFSCME members can share experiences, find resources and connect! Members can learn about what’s happening in other facilities and locations, share best practices on confronting issues like privatization, and post questions for fellow members and AFSCME staff.
sector news and updates
Corrections, probation & parole updates from the AFSCME Information Highway blog
- Six myths about criminal justice reform
- Taking Care of the Mentally Ill
- Bureau of Prisons: Better Planning and Evaluation Needed to Understand and Control Rising Inmate Health Care Costs
- Mental Disorders Among Criminal Offenders: A Review of the Literature
- ‘Giving Help and Not Asking for It’: Inside the Mental Health of First Responders
Corrections, probation & parole coverage from the AFSCME Privatization Update blog
- ICE transfers immigrants held in detention around the country to keep beds filled. Then it releases them, with no help getting home.
- Does Outsourcing Some State Jobs Save TN Taxpayers Money?
- Private Prison GEO Group to Pay $60,000 To Settle EEOC Sexual Harassment And Retaliation Lawsuit
- Low Staffing Levels at Arizona Prisons Could Lead to Big Fines
- Harris County Nixes Private Prisons