RESEARCH AND INFORMATION
- AFSCME/FYI The AFSCME/FYI is a customized daily email summary of news for AFSCME staff. It covers major national and political issues and state and local AFSCME developments. Contact Jessica Storrs at jstorrs@afscme. org if youd like to receive the email.
- Information Highway This blog is updated daily and contains a summary of recent books, reports, studies, journal articles and web resources on labor issues. An RSS feed is available for the blog and subject-specific RSS feeds are also available.
- AFSCME Information Center Catalog The Information Center, AFSCMEs library, has an extensive collection of books, studies and periodicals. This is a database of the collection. Many of the entries include links to full-text documents. You may receive a certificate error message when you follow this link. Just click on continue to this website (not recommended).
- AFSCME Publications This link will take you to a list of AFSCME publications available on afscme.org.
- Using RSS to manage How to get started with RSS feeds and some suggestions for feeds to try
- Arbitrator Profiles: Need to pick an arbitrator from a panel but have nothing to go on? The Research Department can help. We run the panel through a database that includes the arbitrators’ biographies as well as the number of times they’ve ruled for management or for the union. AFSCME staff representatives and attorneys can request a search by sending an e-mail with the arbitrators’ names to Beth Vernaci at bvernaci@afscme .org.
- Union Talking Points
- AFL-CIO: The Union Difference
Ask a Researcher
- Send your request for to the AFSCME Research Department at infocenter@afscme. org .
- Find and contact the person who specializes in the area in which you need : Research Department Directory (login required)
Do you have a resource to recommend? Send it to infocenter@afscme. org